WEEKLY MINUTES: ADVICE ON HIRING INTERNS an interview with Seth Braddock
We’re back with Seth Braddock, CEO of Kilter, for this weeks episode of Weekly Minutes with Brandon Williams and we’re talking about hiring interns.
Seth shares his top tips and advice on the topic of hiring interns:
- Interns can be critical for some companies, especially smaller businesses and startups.
- Don’t treat interns like a stereotypical intern, sending them to pick up the office’s coffee orders and lunches. They are so much more valuable, make them feel like part of the team. Your intern should get a valuable experience from working with you and you should let your intern add value to your business.
- To pay or not to pay? That is always a big question when hiring interns. There is no simple answer, it really depends on the specific situation of the business (Do you have the budget? what kind of work are they doing? What kind of value are they adding?) and the intern (Do they want college credit? Are they looking for something paid? Are they just really passionate about the industry or your company and want to get a foot in the door or good experience?).
- Find an intern that is passionate and excited about your business and/or the industry they are going into.
- Use resources such as local colleges, professors and other connects to find great intern candidates.
- Luckily in Madison we have a top university in our backyard. Check out UW-Wisconsin Madison as a resource for interns, they have a student job center where you can post internships.
- In addition, Madison College has a Career and Employment Department.
- Another option is EdgeWood College, Herzing University and Madison Media Institute.
Learn more about Kilter at: https://kilterwellness.com/.
If you’ve found this content valuable, please subscribe to our channel and share via social media.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SHARE THE CONTENT YOU LOVE. JOIN MADISON NOTEWORTHY BY PROVIDING YOUR EMAIL AND WE’LL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW.
2017 – madisonNoteworthy. All rights reserved. Website designed by Green Clock Films.