WEEKLY MINUTES: ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT FOR ENTREPRENEURS an interview with Maurice Cheeks
This episode of Weekly Minutes with Brandon Williams features Maurice Cheeks, the VP of Business Development for MIOsoft and Madison City Council Alderman, discussing how entrepreneurs can get involved with local government.
One of the roles of the Madison City Council is to make Madison a place where people want to be, and that includes entrepreneurs. While Madison invests in it’s city and all that is offers, its important to have that entrepreneurial perspective.
Here’s what you should take away from this episode: Get involved in your local government! Not only does it help the whole Madison community, but it directly effects the Madison entrepreneurial and business community.
So how do you get involved?
- Join a board, commission or committee. Click here to learn how.
- Join or help an organization that is partnering with the city, some examples include Chambers of Commerce or organizations such as the United Way.
If you want to learn more about Madison’s City Council, you can check them out here: http://www.cityofmadison.com/council/
We’ve also pulled together a list of some of the local area Chambers to check out:
- Greater Madison City Chamber of Commerce
- Middleton Chamber of Commerce
- Verona Chamber of Commerce
- Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce
- McFarland Chamber of Commerce
- Stoughton Chamber of Commerce
- Monona East Side Business Alliance
- Cottage Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Deforest Windor Area Chamber of Commerce
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SHARE THE CONTENT YOU LOVE. JOIN MADISON NOTEWORTHY BY PROVIDING YOUR EMAIL AND WE’LL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW.
2017 – madisonNoteworthy. All rights reserved. Website designed by Green Clock Films.